Sunday, December 18, 2011

Round Loom Prayer Shawl

Hi Crafters,
Happy Advent Season!  I hope you have been able to enjoy this time.  I have had lots of crafting to do this month!  This first project was a project for my mother in law.  She just finished seminary and is holding a worship service called Blue Christmas today.  She asked for people to make prayer shawls for the participants in the service and pray for them as you knit.  I just got my round looms a few months ago so I wasn't sure how it would work out but I wanted to help.

I did some youtubing and found this great Round Loom Shawl Video.  I even learned a new stitch! This stitch is e-looping 2 pegs and skipping 1 peg. I did double up the yarn because I used a thinner yarn than the tutorial suggested, so really it was 2 strands for each stitch. It made these beautiful chunky braids. I used the largest round loom in the set and instead of connecting it like you would a hat I stopped and went the other direction.

This project took almost 2 skeins of yarn, I used red heart.  I used a small crochet hook to finish the end.

I also made some tags with my cricut but of course forgot to take pictures before I gave them to her!


Thanks for stopping by!  We're making Gingerbread Houses tonight and I get to use my cricut cake machine!  I'm pretty excited! There are more Christmas projects to come so come by later on!

Happy Crafting,





3 comments:

  1. Pretty colors you used.

    Happy Holidays,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure she LOVED this! How beautiful. I just found your blog from the cricut message board and just love your projects. I just became a follower!

    ReplyDelete