Saturday, December 31, 2011

Felt Playhouse

Hi Crafters,

Happy New Year's Eve!  2011 was full of wonderful memories and blessings for my family!  Here's one of the last projects made in 2011.  This one was a huge team effort, my mom, younger sister, and I worked diligently during parts of Thanksgiving and Christmas Break.  This past summer I stumbled on these felt playhouses on etsy from MissPrettyPretty.  She has some beautiful work!  She also sells a pattern PDF filled with tricks, tips, and directions including everything you could think to put on these houses.  I convinced my mom (I don't know how to sew) to purchase the pattern to make this for my niece for Christmas.

The house slides over a card table (and she includes how to measure your table properly).  It took us 4 solid work days to complete this project.  There is a TINY bit of cricuted work on this house.  My niece loves ducks so I made a template using ducks from  A Child's Year.



My niece loved it!  We were thrilled with the way it turned out.  We used the eco recycled acrylic felt from Joann's.  My parents also got me a Husquvarna Viking Emerald 183 for Christmas/birthday this year.  We used it for the project and the machine handled the whole thing like a champ!

Happy Crafting and Happy New Year!



5 comments:

  1. I love this house. I was going to ask if you had to sew it. I don't sew either so I would have to sweet talk someone into helping me sew :)

    Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! You did a great job! This is Julie, the owner of My First Playhouse, I am the one that wrote the pattern you used! Thanks so much for the business and for the shout out on your blog, I appreciate it! So nice to see one of the finished projects! And, just so you know, the second one you make (if you ever make a second one, lol!) won't take you as long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely a great project. I enjoyed your pictures of the progress as you worked (on Facebook). I know your niece loves it. I have seen evidence of that on FB also. You all did a great job in record time. Congratulations! From a friend of your Mom's...H. Rader

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! If you don't mind saying, how much do you think you spent on materials? I would love to make something similar for my little one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would say about $75.00 give or take. We did get our felt on sale which helped and used our 15% teacher discount.

    ReplyDelete