Sunday, June 20, 2010

Spring and Summer Cards

Hi Crafters
I was able to have a scrap day with my friend from Crafting with my Girls on Friday.  I made a bunch of cards.  I challenged myself that day to use up some of my MANY scraps.  I was proud of myself and only cut into 1 (count it ONE) sheet of paper for the base of a card.  

I also challenged myself to use Walk in My Garden as I had purchased it a few weeks ago on clearance from Michael's for $20.00.
This hydrangea was inspired from my mom.  She has some incredible hydrangea bushes in front of their house.  I was able to find 3 coordinating lavenders to give it the perfect coloring.


Daffodils are my some of my favorite spring flowers.  I found this strip of green polka dot and knew it had to go on this card some where.  I used the boarder feature on Walk in my Garden for this bunch of flowers.
They had a Life's a Beach cartridge exploration challenge over on the cricut message boards.  I made this card for one of my Youth Group girls who will be a counselor at camp this summer.  The darker blue coor'dinations looks great with the tearing method here.

This card came from a pile of scraps that had been rejected from some of my other cards.  I saw them sitting together and was inspired by the color combination.  I used several cuttlebug folders and some core'dinations paper here.  I found this stamp and thought it tied everything together nicely.

It is wedding season!  One of my friends from college is getting married next weekend. I think this cuttlebug folder is very pretty and wedding like.  This card is perfect for this couple.  I'm looking forward to seeing them!!

It's time for me to go spend some time with my dad for Father's Day.  I hope you all have a great weekend and get to spend some time with the special dads in your life!

Happy Crafting,






2 comments: