Thursday, February 11, 2010

More Valentine's Day goodies

We've had a pile of snow and snow drifts this week. We have been blessed and only lost power twice. It looks like we'll probably be back at school tomorrow. My little niece is scheduled for delivery on MONDAY!

I have been working on a few items this week while I've had some time off.

The first project I worked on I got inspiration from the following video
Pocket Album

Instead of using standard business envelopes I used a smaller size.  These were about 3x6.2 cut in half.  I cut my tags using Plantin Schoolbook and my gypsy. I believe they were cut at 3x2.75.

I used my cuttlebug to emboss the tags and cover.  These were 2 different 2x3 embossing folders.  I found them both on clearance at Michael's.  I used hemp and different ribbon to tie the binding and for the tags.


I also inked the edges and secured as the tutorial did with a small brad.


The scalloped circles and squares were cut using Mini Monograms. I think the little bee on this tag is too cute.

The last thing I made were these little boxes.  They came from Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More.  I cut these on my create.  Many people ask if this cartridge is worth it using the smaller machine and I believe yes.  They are just going to be smaller boxes.  I plan to fill these with some candy and give them to my co-workers.  They may have to wait until Monday because I forgot to get candy while we were out.

I also embossed these with the swiss dots folders.

Happy Crafting and Happy Valentine's Day!

Jessica

3 comments:

  1. So super sweet! (to use a pink stamper phrase :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a note on my blog. I am so excited for you that you are going to be an auntie! XOXO, Julie. :0)

    ReplyDelete