Sunday, January 6, 2013

Batter up! {baseball} baby shower!

Hi crafters,
I celebrated the upcoming birth of my nephew yesterday.  The invitation is a flat A7 invite.  The onesie is from New Arrival.  I used the markers to do the design on the onesie to make it look like a baseball jersey.


The pennant pieces are from Birthday Bash.  The font is Opposites Attract.  I made the center piece reservable, the nursery theme is a jungle/safari theme so I put a few Create a Critter animals on the back.  This is the first time I tied each letter on with twine or raffia, it worked very well, much easier than threading the tulle through each letter.

I made burp cloths with rickrack trim and a special appliqué alligator one for the nursery.  The alligator is from Create a Critter.


I also made her a bath apron the pattern is from blissful patterns.  The tutorial was pretty easy to follow, I struggled a little bit with the pattern though.  It was nothing my home-ec teacher mom couldn't talk me through though.

The center pieces were roses in a square vase tied with tulle, raffia, and bakers twine.  A local baker and high school friend of the mom made these adorable cupcakes.  I created the cake toppers with Sports Mania.  I cut the shadow of the baseball and sandwiched a cookie stick between the shadow and the regular cut.

The co-hostess picked up these cracker jacks as the favors.  I cut out tags from Tags, Bags, Boxes and more.  The bat is also from Sports Mania.  I printed the sentiment and used a Stampin' up! punch to cut it out.

The food labels are 4x4 scored in half with bats and baseballs as accents.

We put a chocolate fountain, drinks, and cupcakes on the kitchen table.  I put a large baseball on the table cloth to dress it up bit.

It was a lovely shower.  Nephew got a TON of great stuff!  He'll be here before I know it.

Happy crafting,



2 comments:

  1. This is very useful information on baby shower event. Couple of months ago, I arranged my niece’s baby shower at one of lovely venues in the town. After that did corporate event planning for her office annual party and everyone had great time there.

    ReplyDelete