Thursday, January 31, 2013

Vellum Filled {Polkadot} Party Invites


Hi Crafters,

My niece is turning 3 next month! I just can't believe it!  She has requested a polkadot themed party this year.  I started working on her invitations and remembered this fabulous card from Thoughts of a Card-making Scrapbooker.


I printed the sentiment from my printer on to a piece of vellum I trimmed it down to 5x7.  I cut another piece of vellum at 5x7 and sewed 3 sides together with a zig zag stitch. I cut out circles in various sizes and colors and filled the pocket with circles and sequins. I sewed the last side to close everything up.  I took the photo with a piece of pink card stock in the background so you could easily see the details.  I adore the way they came out, they are fun to shake and move everything around.

If I had it to do again I would have cut out some number 3s to add to the pocket.  Be sure to check back, I will be revealing her custom birthday shirt in the next few entries!

Happy Crafting,





No comments:

Post a Comment