Monday, December 20, 2010

Merry Christmas

Hi Crafters,

We have been blessed with a few extra days of Christmas break due to snow! I have to admit I only did a bit of crafting with my extra time.  I am at the stage where I have a few on-going projects and not much else going on.

I was able to get out the rest of my Christmas cards today.  I was pleased with the way they turned out.  I was browsing through Joann's mess of a clearance section over the summer and found 10 packs of red cards with matching envelopes for .35 over the summer.  I snatched them up and started turning the gears of Christmas cards!

I used a small Die Cuts with a View Christmas pack so the backgrounds varied throughout the cards. This adorable reindeer is from Christmas Cheer.  I outlined him with a brown cricut marker for a bit of definition and pop dotted him off the cream paper. I then used a corner rounder on the cream paper and layered it on patterned paper.  I rolled the red card through the cuttlebug with a folder I got in a value pack from www.ohmycrafts.com this past fall.  I thought this embossing folder looked like a candy cane stripe.
I cut a scalloped oval from Gypsy Wonderings.  I then used a Studio G stamp and spring green ink pad with clear embossing powder for the sentiment.

Merry Christmas...may your stocking be filled with crafting goodies and your Christmas Season filled with the spirit, blessings, family, and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment