Thursday, September 6, 2012

Summer to Fall Wreath

Hi Crafters,

I spent a lot of my 3 day weekend working on various crafts.  It was a perfect way to take a break from school!  Here's a wreath I worked using the Flower Shoppe cartridge.  I started with a plain grapevine wreath from Joann's.

I thought these colors were a great transition from summer to fall.  The remind me a little bit of mums. 

I used the cut that is typically designed to use in the center of the flower.  I cut two different sizes and wrapped the smaller one first.  I then wrapped the larger one around the outside for the larger flowers. The small flower just has just 1 cut. Inking the edges of the petals helped add a bit extra detailing.  The button finished off the center perfectly!


I free hand cut some felt leaves and used hot glue and string to attach the flowers to the wreath.  I used raffia and some Martha Stewart ribbon to hang it from the wreath hanger.  This is our back door.  We don't use our front door very much, and I wanted to look at it everyday when I came home!

Happy Crafting,


No comments:

Post a Comment