Sunday, October 24, 2010

Glitter Pumpkins

Hi Crafters,

I went to the garden center to pick up some pumpkins this past weekend. My mom and I had so much fun looking at all the different gourds and pumpkins that they had.  I picked up a bunch of small pumpkins for little gifts for my lady co-workers (Victoria, act surprised when you get yours).  I have a larger faux pumpkin that I have covered in Martha Stewart glitter that gets pulled out every year, I think it is starting to grow on my husband luckily for me!  I used that as my inspiration for this project.

I added some glitter to the tops of these little pumpkins and they turned out so cute!  This is actually a mix of 3 different glitters that Martha makes blended together.  I got them in a 3 pack several years ago when the glitter pumpkins were the hot item for fall.
I cut the tags for this from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More.  The witch is from A Child's Year (cut using the shadow feature).  I used some ribbon and hemp to tie the tags on. So pretty!

Random side story about this project, When I was in middle school I had a math teacher who would regularly go off on tangents.  During my 7th grade year the popular make up accessory was colored glitter spread all over your eyelids (in a form of glitter gel, often scented and difficult to remove).  She was ranting about this new fashion trend because it was so dangerous for your eyes to have shards of glass so close to them.  I never had issues with this trend during that time, so we ignored this wise lady. While I was making the pumpkins I guess a piece of glitter got in my eye, when I was cleaning up I passed a mirror and had a bloodshot section in the corner of my eye.  Luckily it didn't hurt but it did make me laugh.  The hazards of crafting!

Happy crafting,

2 comments:

  1. I truly was surprised since I fell asleep without going on-line last night. They are so cute! Glad your eye is okay. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! Glad your eye is better too. I need to be careful when I start my glitter ornaments.

    ReplyDelete