Sunday, May 30, 2010

Perfect Day

My birthday was yesterday so I got to take some time in the morning to work on some of the projects that I have had going on before spending time with my family (the perfect way to spend a birthday in my opinion).

My Pink Stamper is giving away a cricut expression at the beginning of the week.  Her challenge was to create a Father's Day project.  I came up with this card for my dad.  The owl is from Give a Hoot and the scalloped square and stitched square are from Mini Monograms.  The embossed pieces are done the swiss dots folder and spots and dots folder.  I must admit I'm a bit corny with some of my projects and couldn't resist a little humor here.  The text reads, "Hoooos the best Dad?"  The inside reads, "You are.  Happy Father's Day!"
While I had a few other things going on I used my Gypsy and Lyrical Letters to create letters for a t-shirt.  Our Youth Group at church led worship in honor of the 2010 graduates. We tie-dyed shirts a few weeks ago and I decided to take mine just a step further.  I used my Gypsy to curve and lay out the letters then using freezer paper (depth, pressure, and speed all set at 3) I cut out what I needed.  You can see my picture tutorial on freezer paper t's by clicking here.
We had a great worship service and everyone looked fantastic in their tie-dye!

Happy Memorial Day.  Special thanks and many blessings to the men and women (and their family members) who have served and are serving in our military.

Happy Crafting,

2 comments:

  1. Cute card and shirt.

    I always forget that I can type things out and print on my computer. Thanks for reminding me I can create words on my computer and print out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoooos got the best ideas? You do! So cute! (Sorry, corniness breeds more corniness:)

    ReplyDelete