Saturday, May 22, 2010

Inspired


Hi crafters,
I saw a few people on the Cricut Message Boards were posting these fantastic step cards.  After looking around a bit I found Dawns Stamping Studio had a fantastic video tutorial.  I decided to make this my weekend challenge for myself and a few friends have agreed to join in.

My other brother in law is graduating from high school in a few weeks so I took this as my inspiration for the card.  I used the cricut markers to outline the hat and the lettering.  The cap and the font are both from A Child's Year.  The cap is cut at 2.25 inches and the lettering is about 1 inch.

I used the spots and dots embossing folder and a few pop dots behind the cap for extra detailing.


I admit I was a little nervous about trying this but it didn't take long and I was up and running.  I did run out of double sided tape and am about out of the photo mounting squares (a paper crafter's worst nightmare...out of adhesive aye)


I picked up these little easels and canvases from Joann's today and I'm thinking about all the possibilities for these.  I will use these as my inspiration for my next project.  It occurred to me after I got home these would make a great baby gift spelling out the baby name.  I, of course, did not pick up enough for Miss Penelope, darn!  They were on sale for .89 for each piece (canvas and easel sold separately).

Happy Crafting,

2 comments: