Sunday, May 20, 2012

Bridal Shower Card with Purple Accents

Hi Crafters,
I am headed on a road trip today with my mom and younger sister.  We are headed to the American Girl store then I am going to my college roommate's bridal shower.

This is the card I made for her shower. I swear if I could make clothes with my cricut and cuttlebug I would be set!
I used the Sweethearts cricut cartridge for the dress and veil.  The patterned paper came from the DCWV Sweet Shop photo matt stack.
I cut the dress in the two layers and embossed the back layer with the d'vine swirls folder.  I cut a small piece of tulle and attached it between the two layers.  The top layer was also embossed with the cuttlebug.  I trimmed off the straps to make a sweetheart neckline.  I attached some bling with the Jolee's Heat affix tool.  I sewed the tulle to the veil and trimmed it to the correct size.  I then cut a piece of purple card stock and did a decorative stitch on the top and bottom with my sewing machine

Enjoy your day!



4 comments:

  1. I love this. I need to get back into my crafting as I miss it :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - I love all of it. Hope you have a great time:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, I love it! I am a new follower from the Cricut MB, please stop by my blog and enter my Blogaversary giveaway!

    http://scrappindhilly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete