Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day Flower Pot Cards

Hi Crafters,

Happy Mother's Day weekend!  This is the first weekend that has been sunny pleasant in a few weeks!  I got to spend the day with my mom at a local craft fair.  I made these Mother's Day cards a few weeks ago.    I used a great tutorial from Inspiration Challenge for the cards.  It was a bit tricky because the measurements are in metric but with a ruler close by I was easily able to convert it to US Customary. I used the Flower Shoppe cartridge and cut the flowers using two different sizes.  I then used pop dots and the best glue ever to glue everything together.  I used buttons in the center of most of the flowers.

The tag is from Give a Hoot.  The leaves are from a Child's Year.  I used green maker on the leaves to give them a bit more definition. 

The edge of the pot I used a Martha Stewart punch for the scalloped edge.  I hand wrote, "Pull flowers up" to reveal the "card" portion of the card.  I think these cards came out great.  They didn't take long to put together following the tutorial.

Happy crafting,


1 comment: