Monday, March 5, 2012

Engagement Festivities

Hi Crafters,

We had an unexpected snow day today.  I took full advantage and had my machines up and running by 9 am!
This is the front page for my friend's shower and parties leading up to her wedding.  I learned about the winged needle and heirloom stitching at my sewing class a few weeks ago.  We learned how to heirloom stitch on linen and that got my wheels turning.  I tried it out on cardstock and love the way it turned out.  I did that along some of the edges on the blue cardstock (click for the enlargeable picture).  This text is from the Martha Stewart Elegant Cake cartridge.

I made this layout for her fiance's bachelor party weekend.  My husband is pretty good about taking pictures so I will have to make sure he takes the camera with him.  The letters, fire, barrel ,and cards are all from Old West.  The cabin is from the Camp Out solutions cartridge.  I used the markers on the title and a few of the embellishments to give it a little extra depth. 

I'm off to continue scrapbooking!






No comments:

Post a Comment